Installing Php Image Host
PHP Image Host REQUIRES php 5 or greater and the gd image library
Follow the steps below to install your copy of Php Image Host:
- Create a mysql database on your site to use with Php Image Host. If you do not know how to do this ask your web hosting company.
- Unzip the phpimagehost.zip archive to an empty folder on your computer.
- Edit the "/includes/db.conf.php.sample" file with your own database settings and save it as "/includes/db.conf.php".
- Upload the contents of the phpimagehost archive to your web server.
Set the permissions on the "/images" "/thumbs"
and "/temp" directories so that php scripts can write to them.
If your server is apache and has mod_rewrite enabled you should also create a file called .htaccess in the root directory of your installation and set the permissions on that file so the script can write to it too.
This is required to support bandwidth monitoring and search engine friendly urls. file so that the script can create the rules in this file for monitoring image bandwidth and search engine friendly urls.
If you do not know how to do this, please ask your web hosting company, or ask for help in the support forum.
- In your webbrowser, navigate to the url where you have uploaded the files.
If you entered the correct database settings in the db.conf.php file above
you should see the installation screen. If you get error messages about the
database then check your database settings in the /includes/db.conf.php file.
If you get other errors then please ask for help in the support forum.
- Now enter the information required by the form. Then submit the form to install.
- If the install process has worked, you should be able to login to your admin area using the username admin and the password password. Please change the admin username and password immediately on the admin settings page.
- Congratulations! Your new image hosting site is setup and ready to go :)